Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dearest Guruji, You Overwhelm Me.

13 August 2010, Friday morning 3:43AM
I don't know what it is about my dearest Guruji. He always makes me cry.

Every time He walks into a room or into an open space, and I get close to Him, a lump would form in my throat, my stomach would get knotted up, and a surge of emotions would well up inside me threatening to explode. And more often than not, I would end up in tears. Maybe it's Tears of Joy. Tears of Gratitude for all the Knowledge and Wisdom dearest Guruji has imparted. Tears of Appreciation for bringing me onto The Path. 

I can't stop the tears even if I wanted to. And I definitely cannot explain it. It is just something that one has to experience for oneself. It sure is baffling, especially as I am not one who cries easily, and definitely not in public.

April 2008 was the very first time I got to be so close to my Guru Of Joy, during the Advanced Meditation Course in Bali. The minute Guruji walked into the room, I felt so much LOVE enveloping me! That was also the first time I was overwhelmed with emotions, and humbled by the mere presence of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. 

My Guru Of Joy :)


Today was the second time. When I got an SMS from Art Of Living teacher PW informing me that dearest Guruji will reach LCCT from Bangalore at 11:40PM, I immediately dropped everything and told her I would be there to welcome Him! It was definitely unplanned. Maybe, just maybe, Guruji had bigger plans for me? When Guruji finally walked into the Arrival Hall at 12:30am, I began to get all choked up and a myriad of strong, unstoppable emotions swept over me all over again. It must be His unconditional Love and Grace!

Guruji on CNN, talking about Spirituality


No wonder dearest Guruji has impacted and transformed millions of lives around the world, across 150 countries, for more than 25 years. And He is still spreading the message of Universal Love and World Peace till today. One World, One Family.


I am deeply honoured and humbled to be among the privileged few chosen to be Walking The Path. Me, who was never big on religion and all the rituals that come with them. Me, who questioned every dogma, every action, and wanted a just, logical and almost scientific "proof" for all my questions especially those pertaining to religion. Non-conformist me, who questioned the existence of God and rebelled against everything I was told to do especially if they can't give me a good enough "Why", since I was a kid. 


Me, religious? Far from it!

LOVE this picture. Guruji in Bali, 2008. One with the Universe!
However, my spiritual journey has only just begun...
Jai Gurudev!

Vasudeva Kutumbakam - One World Family. This video's lovely!

For more on Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and  Art Of Living,
visit http://us.artofliving.org/

1 comment: