Friday, August 6, 2010

Vamping Around

7 August 2010, Saturday
4:44am

Can't sleep! Popped a Xanax at 1am. Dozed off for two hours. Now I'm wide awake and tossing and turning like an egg being flipped on a frying pan. 

I've got a 2-day internet marketing workshop going on. Pick up is in 2 and a half hours' time. How on earth am I gonna stay awake for the whole of tomorrow?

It's really torturing to be in a situation like this. Insomnia is not a nice thing to have. And it's not like I want to be popping pills either. Just that, sometimes, it becomes an absolute necessity.

All my life, I've never been a morning person. Never. Even on those rare occasions that I seem awake in the mornings, I'm not really there. I don't function properly. It's like my body is there physically but my mind is snoozing in a land far, far away. It slowly stirs after noon. 

By midnight, I become fully alive. I find it more productive to do stuff then. To think. To reflect. To work, write, and do all that creative stuff. One can think better in the solitude of the night, minus the madding sounds of traffic, noisy neighbours and accumulated dins created by the rest of the "normal" world. That's just the nocturnal creature I am.

I guess this is something only fellow insomniacs can understand. The rest of the world, they just frown on it. I challenge them to be in my shoes for just one night. Maybe, just maybe, then they'd know what it's like and stop preaching...

ps: check the time this entry was written. 4.44am. 4 (or "sei" denotes death in Chinese. die...three times? creepy!

1 comment:

  1. A friend just send me a podcast link. Of New World "lullabies" to help me snooze. Thanks for sharing, B!
    http://newworldkirtan.com/podcasts/

    ReplyDelete