Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sony Blu-Ray blew me away!

4th August 2010, Wednesday
(this is my third attempt to write. first two entries were wiped out. PC crashed. I miss my Mac
:-()

Today, I went to a friend's place to test some of the Blu-Ray DVDs I'd bought recently. (Yep, I got BR DVDs but not the player, don't laugh!

Played on his Sony Home Theatre System, the movies literally jumped to life. He had a 46-inch Sony Bravia full HD LCD tv mounted on the wall, complete with 6-piece surround speakers (woofer, mid speaker, and front and back surround speakers), plus a Blu-Ray DVD player. Yep, it's.a.sony.

I have a similar sound system at home, minus the Blu-Ray player. And my tv is just 40 inch as my living room is not that big. Never knew 6 inches would make that much difference, but it does!

So now you know. I'm a Sony freak. Everything in my living room spells Sony. Even the wireless headphones. And PS2 :)

The DVDs I brought were mostly from the martial arts genre. Ip Man 1 and 2. Dragon Tiger Gate (Loong Fu Men). Ninja Assassin (Rain's abs is HOT). Hitman. Daredevil (not exactly martial arts but action packed all the same).

The only exception was Michael Jackson's "This Is It". The Blu-Ray version is packed with extras like The Making Of, Thriller and Smooth Criminal featurettes and vignettes, Auditions, Costumes, Interviews and Behind-The-Scenes footages, plus an Interactive Playlist as well.

Hmm...just how long does it take for one to watch an entire BR dvd, I wonder.

The sound system was just awesome, especially the booming bass. Just as I remember it when I watched "This Is It" at the cinema in Penang last year.

We were jesting about and saying things like, "Look, almost 3D!". Could even see the beads of sweat on one of the kungfu exponent's face. Serious.

I knew I should have listened to my inner voice to upgrade to a BR player, instead of saving on that miserly RM500. Aaaarrrggghh...regret, regret!

Am now on a mission to scout around for a Sony Blu-Ray DVD player. S370 perhaps? No idea what I'm gonna do with the existing one that's barely 6 months old though.

Any suggestions on where I can get my hands on a good deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment