Friday, August 6, 2010

Lost My Keys. Again.


6 August 2010, Friday
Today I learned that after decades of being on Planet Earth, I do not know how to look after myself like I should. 

My housemate isn't feeling well (she's got fever and is on MC) so I thought I'd keep her company in the house and chill to some DVDs. We watched Eclipse and Angelina Jolie's "Salt".

I decided to scrap gym plans and go get her some 100 Plus as she requested. When I reached Pasaraya Sunlik (the minimart nearby), which was like 3 minutes away from my place, I realised that my house key (attached to my Nike landyard) had gone missing! 

Normal people have keys. I have to have a really long landyard stuck to my neck to minimise the possibility of losing my keys. Even with that, I can still lose things :-(


Last year, right after my birthday dinner and karaoke session with some friends, my friend had dropped me home at 4am - what a time to find out I had no key to enter the house. At that time, I was staying alone. I was not only locked out of my own house, my friend had to drive me to 7Eleven to buy toothbrush and toothpaste and toiletries, and I ended up spending the night camping over at my friend's house. Thank God for Irene.

So, I'm not really good at staying alone. Really admire those super independent souls who look like they've got everything under control.

Anyway, after going round and round my area (and back), twice, I finally found the key and landyard lying on the road near the guardhouse. What a relief!

Mental note to self: Must LEARN to look after myself and my things better from now on. If I can't even look after myself, how can I look after my friends and the people around me? Also, if I don't look after myself, no one else will. It's my life, for which I have to be responsible.

Apart from that, it's been a rather uneventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment