Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dinner At Swensen's

7 August 2010, Thursday
Just got back from a really late dinner at Swensen's. It's been 3 years since I last went there, so I thought I'd satisfy my sudden week-long craving for some Sticky Chewy Chocolate :)Ended up feasting like I haven't eaten in days. Well, since it was my 3-in-1 meal of the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner rolled into one), no wonder we overate.

First, the starters...
Prawn Dippers - RM13.90
Fried Mushroom - RM9.90
Generous portions of prawn dippers (fried wanton) and fried mushrooms, dipped in mayonnaise. Only thing missing was the Hoegaarden (I wish)! The shitake mushrooms were fried to perfection - not too hot, and not oily at all, unlike some.

After sharing the starters, we were ready for our "main course"...
Mac 'N Cheese - RM18.90
Creamy macaroni, dripping with cheese. It was satisfying all right, just a little too filling. Maybe we should have had something lighter like Aglio Olio.

Then, came the best part. The ice-cream!
Frosted Choc Malt - RM17.90
Suat had the Frosted Choc Malt. Rich and thick, with a malty taste, it was quite nice. Except, I prefer the...
Sticky Chewy Choc - RM17.90
+5 Malt Balls - RM2.00
...Sticky Chewy Chocolate with Malt Balls! This sinful chocolaty delight is what I've been craving for! Chocolate ice-cream, engulfed in choc fudge, with a sprikling of choc chips and a dollop of whipped cream. To top it off, I added chocolate malt balls. Every chocoholic's fantasy. Ah, this is heaven!

After tax, the bill came up to RM92.60. Pricey for a Swensen's "dinner". I don't mind, as it's my first time in 3 years.

OK, I'm stuffed! MUST head to the gym tomorrow for Body Combat. And maybe RPM and some weights training, if the weather and time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment