Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Waking Up To The Sounds of Woofs and Meows

12th October 2010, 11:30PM
Sure felt like I was at the zoo this morning. In deep slumber, the first sounds my ears picked up were those of Oreo's meowing. Followed by the incessant barks of an unfamiliar dog that seemed far away. That "dog", it appeared, turned out to be the ringtone from my recently back-from-the-dead iPhone!

Yep, my friend Faith and her daughter had shown up at my door at 9.30 this morning. They were 30 minutes early (our appointment was at 10)! This, to the "normal" world, was perfectly acceptable. But for a nightbird like me (who had spent the entire night till 6.30 this morning helping out on an article for a friend's project), well, 9.30 in the MORNING seemed like an unearthly hour.

Oreo had been trying to wake me up with his gentle meows (he sounds a lot gentler now, after the operation), to alert me that there were guests outside, waiting to come in. The "dog", on the other hand, was again, Faith calling me from outside my house (not calling my friend Faith a dog, it was Faith CALLING me from outside on my phone, with the barking ringtone)! If I had not slept downstairs, I would have been dead to the world. That tired was I.


The negative effects of sleep deprivation

I have no idea how I made it through an afternoon at work, and managed to stay productive and cheerful in spite of all that sleep deprivation. Somehow, in between the many cups of coffee (I lost count!), I made it through the day. 


Sleeping well, a restorative process





Here's another one...

Tips for a good night's sleep

Well, tonight I have decided that I will take a complete break from everything. No staring endlessly at the computer screen. No internet marketing assignments. No writing of articles (except for this blog). No midnight maggi mee. No skype. No checking of emails and Facebook statuses...

Natural sleep aid tips - home remedies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KppvFAGTW-s&NR=1



Tonight, I will give my body what it has been lacking the past few months and retreat to slumberland.

Time to make up for all those lost hours and recharge my batteries. Good night, world!

2 comments:

  1. Ming, so did u sleep well last nite? Was waiting by yahoo chat n FB last nite... (now I know y)
    Cherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherine, I went to bed right after posting this entry :) Eh, how many Blogger accounts do you have?

    ReplyDelete